Spring’s the perfect time for taking care of outdoor maintenance!
The arrival of warm weather signals fun in the backyard with friends and family. The last thing you want to deal with are unexpected home repairs so here’s a list to help keep you on track:
1. Clear away debris and dead foliage from any flowerbeds.
2. Inspect hose connections to ensure there are no leaks.
3. Replace damaged window screens and any weather stripping.
4. Clean your fireplace and/or wood-burning stove and flue.
5. Make sure your lawn mower, weed wacker and other tools are in good working order.
6. Clean and repair your patio furniture and inspect your deck for loose or rotten boards.
7. Trim back shrubs and vines that are growing near your air conditioning unit and dryer vent.
8. Inspect and clean your gutters and make sure downspouts drain away from your foundation.
9. Patch up any cracks you find around foundation and driveways before they spread further.
10. Inspect your roof for cracked or missing shingles and trim branches that hang over the top of your roof.
Proactive home maintenance helps prevent small issues from getting out of hand. Your home is a huge investment and minimizing repair bills will help you realize your highest rate of return. When you’re done, you’ll be able to relax and enjoy the lazy days of summer knowing that everything’s been taken care of!