Making sure your heaters are working properly and operating efficiently can go a long way in keeping costs down. To help you do just that, here are 10 things you might not know about your baseboard heaters.
1. Baseboard heaters are usually located under windows because it’s more efficient that way.
2. Heat rises - and so do your energy costs, for every degree above 68°F.
3. Cranking the thermostat doesn’t warm up the room any faster.
4. Thick carpet or rugs can get in the way.
5. Window coverings keep cool air out, but can block your heaters.
6. If it’s dusty, it’s not working properly.
7. Programmable thermostats are more precise than the manual ones.
8. Pick sweet 16 (degrees) to maximize your savings. 16°C (61°F) save up to 10% on your energy bills.
9. Baseboard heaters don’t circulate air well.
10. They’re one of the safest heating options available since they can’t tip over.