It’s important to do everything we can to reduce our energy use.
A few small changes can make a huge difference to your monthly energy bill. For instance, adjusting your “smart” thermostat by just a few degrees can produce major savings!
Also, don’t forget to lower the thermostat on your water heater or better yet, get an “on demand” system that only heats up water as it’s needed. Here are a few other ideas to consider:
• Switch over to LED bulbs install energy efficient shower heads.
• Clean out your dryer’s lint tray after each use.
• Seal up air leaks around windows and doors.
• Use ceiling fans to save money on both heating and cooling.
• Service your air conditioner and furnace each year to maintain efficiency.
Landscaping is a naturally beautiful way to keep your home comfortable. A few strategically placed trees or shrubs can save a fortune on heating and cooling as they shelter against the cold winds and provide shade during the summer months.
Higher energy bills are a harsh reality for the rising number of people who work from home. To help minimize this expense, power down your computer when it’s not in use and shut it off completely at the end of the day. You can also cut costs by positioning your desk to take advantage of natural light.
It doesn’t take much to implement a few energy saving solutions around the home.