If there is one question that defines whether we will have a full-filling life experience or not it is “Are You Willing?”
We often have goals, desires, and dreams that we long for. We speak of changes we’d really like to see in our lives:
1. New career
2. Richer relationship
3. More self-confidence
4. Optimal health
5. Financial wealth
6. Great happy home
7. A secure peace of mind
8. Just about anything you may think of.
It all boils down to our willingness. The difference between success and failure; happiness and misery can be found in our level of resistance and willingness to be fully present, take action, make a change, shift our thinking, or take a risk.
If you’re not willing, you can be 100% certain of the results and your experience. It will look exactly as what you’re experiencing right now. If you keep doing the same things you’ve always done; you’ll always get what you’ve always got. Or, so the saying goes… In order to be fully alive you have to be willing. Willing to feel whatever you’re feeling - the good, bad, and ugly. You also need to be willing to show up fully for yourself and others every day no matter what.
Consider some of these as they apply to your life. Are You Willing to:
• Live with your heart wide open and experience great love?
• Take action toward your desires even when you don’t feel like it or are scared?
• Follow your own heart and integrity even when it is unpopular?
• Live with your heart wide open even when experiencing sadness, hurt, or loss?
• Feel the full range of emotions that exist without judging them?
• Move forward, fall, get up, win, lose, succeed, fail, get back up and keep going?
• Keep the faith regardless of what happens?
• Be vulnerable?
• Take a risk?
• To say “no” when you mean “no”?
• Get quiet, get out of your head and into your heart?
• Be still and simply listen to your heart?
For the next few weeks, just notice where in your life you are willing and where you are not. Notice where you are open and where you are closed off. Is there any correlation between the areas where you are closed off and unwilling and the frustrations or lack of progress you are experiencing? What would it take for you to simply open up and be willing? Play with the idea a bit more knowing that it is safe to be willing and see what shifts for you.